Converting contaminated land for 24 homes for rent and shared ownership
- This project was presented to Curo as a turnkey land, design and build opportunity by EG Carter & Co Ltd.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd carried out all negotiations with landowners.
- All statutory authority costs included in design and build price.
- The site presented many challenges including extensive contamination which we negated through detailed substructure and external works design and in-situ testing of spoil.
- The contaminated spoil strategy was approved by the Local Authority and was carried out under the supervision of a qualified Geologist who also undertook the in-situ testing.
- This methodology saved £175K on the project.
- Planning application carefully managed so that development retains distinctive character whilst remaining affordable.
- We carried out a full risk and opportunity matrix on this site as it contained many abnormal features which we detailed and refined to make the scheme affordable and fully compliant with the Curo specification.
- This project was delivered safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.