Demolition of existing and construction of new 3 storey mixed use boarding accommodation
Click below to see the drone footage of during the build and after:
- E G Carter & Co Ltd was approached by Wycliffe College to deliver this prestigious project as a result of the relationships developed from previous works on the same Campus with the same Design Team.
- The 'can do' approach fostered by all parties throughout the pre-construction phase right the way through to delivery was a significant factor in the success of the project.
- Driven concrete piles and complex foundation/ground beam arrangement.
- Concrete frame construction with zinc roofing and cladding.
- Biometrics access control system.
- Various site visits were arranged for the students to provide them with an understanding of the construction process.
- Circa 91% of all construction waste generated on the project was recycled.
- Photovoltaic array system to provide electricity.
- The project was delivered safely, on time, to the highest quality and within budget with all stakeholders delighted with the outcome.