Construction of new two storey classroom block for Wycliffe College
- The project necessitated the construction of a new two storey classroom block catering for Year 7 and Year 8 pupils incorporating eight classrooms, three office areas and a common room, the building reflects a modern contemporary design to encourage a bright, natural lit learning environment.
- Construction methodology took the form of a two-storey steel frame structure supported by piled foundations adjacent to an existing listed building.
- External finishes include a mixture of masonry and coloured render.
- The building footprint covered the whole site requiring very careful planning of our construction sequencing and the cooperation of the school
- Fire Safety & Traffic Management Plan had to be developed in conjunction with the school given the close proximity of ‘live’ teaching facilities
- State of the art design incorporating the highest levels of audio visual teaching technologies this required detailed design coordination to incorporate within the building fabric.
- The successful conclusion of this work led to the Company being commissioned on a further major project for the College.