5 No dwellings for rent with associated drainage and external works built adjacent to the River Lambourne
- The site is based on an existing domestic garage court adjacent to the River Lambourn in Berkshire.
- The garages were demolished in a controlled manner to minimise nuisance and disruption to the adjacent properties.
- We utilised a piled foundation solution with pre-cast concrete ground beams and a pre-cast concrete ground floor to ensure that the substructure solution did not affect the ecosystem of the River Lambourn.
- Planning enhancements include heritage windows and rooflights, clay plain tiles, metal guttering and local architectural detailing
- Extensive resident consultation to alleviate any potential concerns or nuisance
- Timber frame construction utilised to reduce foundation loadings and drive programme compression.
- As the site was bounded by existing properties we had very little opportunity to store materials, so we utilised timber frame construction and ‘just in time’ deliveries from local builder’s merchants.
- This project was completed safely, to the highest quality, on programme and within budget