New build, timber frame, 47 bed care home including demolition of the existing care home for Shaw Healthcare
- Carried out in two phases, with part demolition of the existing building and with a section of the building remaining occupied during the first phase.
- On completion of phase one, occupants were decanted into the new building prior to the commencement of phase two, constructed over the existing building footprint.
- We arranged pre-planning presentations to stakeholders and local residents, demonstrating the building concept and providing the opportunity for comment and feedback on the proposals.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd co-ordinated and managed early design team meetings providing the client with a rolling cost plan, continuously updated to reflect current information and maintaining budget parameters.
- The facility was designed utilising the very latest and innovative technologies in the treatment and support of residents suffering with dementia.
- Key supply chain partners were involved at the earliest stages of the design to assist the client with improving buildability, co-ordination and achieving best value.
- The Care Quality Commission were party to all design team meetings and their guidance was incorporated into the final design solution.