Bespoke new-build scheme with 5 supported homes for young adults with autism and Asperger syndrome
- A collaborative project between Curo, BANES, E G Carter & Co Ltd and the National Autistic Society.
- This scheme was designed to complement the adjacent housing stock with a traditional style and feel.
- Each unit is self-contained with a communal lounge and staff accommodation.
- The level difference present on site necessitated a detailed cut and fill analysis being undertaken which was part of a wider value engineering study.
- Site levels were optimised in to reduce the height and extent of retaining walls and to enable the use of gravity fed drainage systems.
- The materials utilised on the project were subject to approval to ensure that they were robust and fit for purpose.
- We were very proud when we were notified that this scheme was nominated as a finalist in the UK Housing Awards - Small Development of the Year Category.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.