Refurbishment of an existing elderly persons home into semi-independent accommodation and specialist care facility for vulnerable young people in care.
- Refurbishment of an existing 3 storey elderly care home to provide modern accommodation for vulnerable young people in care. Extensive structural remodelling and alterations, integration of brand new Mechanical and Electrical services, new lift, majority of new external windows and doors and all new internal finishes.
- The project is a multi-agency partnership to provide the best care and accommodation for vulnerable young persons possible. EGC worked with multiple stakeholders in the project during the design and construction to develop a successful scheme, including Gloucestershire County Council Children Services, Gloucestershire Police and multiple Healthcare providers.
- Provision of Sem- independent flats and bedsits to provide accommodation to young persons in care, consisting of;
- 4 x 2 bedroom flats.
- 13 x 1 bed studios / flats.
- Mental health assessment suite provided to provide 136 Assessment suite, fitted out to a robust specification to prevent self-harm.
- Day centre to provide a ‘virtual school’ offering facilities for therapeutic intervention, multi-agency intervention, phycology sessions and the ability to hold family conferences.
- Provision of various staff accommodation, communal areas, office accommodation.
- Integration of robust finishes, robust specifications to prevent self-harm, full access control and security systems whilst trying to provide a welcoming and pleasant setting for young people to receive support.