Alterations and enlargement of existing TK Maxx store in Cheltenham
- Location in very busy shopping arcade in the centre of Cheltenham
- Works undertaken by directly employed labour operating 12 hour night and day shifts
- Security of existing premises and safety of general public and operatives given the highest priority
- Existing store remained open with no impact on trading hours
- Service co-ordination vital especially relating to fire and security alarm and dust and fire suppression
A considerable enabling package was undertaken to ensure carefully planned segregation screening and walkways, allowing completion of internal strip-out and demolition works with upmost consideration for Health and Safety.
A temporary staircase was provided to maintain access to the public between floors whilst the entire existing double escalator was removed, serviced and re-installed.