Removal and renewal of external render and backing mesh to eight properties together with roof tile replacements to two of the properties.
- The properties are part of an “eco estate” of 41 houses and bungalows built around 2006 with a mixture of render and timber exterior cladding.
- Due to a design and workmanship issues, several the homeowners had reported serious cracking in the render and we were employed to remove and replace the render and mesh.
- On opening up the initial property, the full extent of the problem was revealed and in order to achieve a satisfactory repair, we had to strip right back to the main frame and renew the sheathing board, bearers and carrier board and then apply a specialist sprayed flexible render finish.
- The project required sequential working to ensure that the properties remained wind & weathertight at all times, many of the dwellings had their entire external facades replaced.
- Whilst on site, we also stripped and renewed the roof tiles to 2 of the properties.
- We co-ordinated the works through the well-established resident’s association so that all the properties remained occupied throughout the works and any noise and nuisance was kept to a minimum.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.