Construction of a new sports hall, associated changing rooms and link building to the existing riverside building
- The 1,200 sqm steel framed building is finished in materials selected for their quality, longevity and appearance, including curved aluminium standing seam roof (up to 40m span), thermowood timber cladding and facing brickwork plinth.
- Impact resistant and translucent kalwall wall panels provide controlled natural lighting.
- A high-performance plastic seamless and impact absorbent floor completed the internal finishes, suitable for multiple sports use, with under-floor heating within the hall and changing areas.
- The building was constructed on a flood plain and extensive remediation technologies were utilised to ensure compliance with the latest guidelines
- The design incorporated pilling and an elevated raft ground slab.
- Working adjacent to a ‘live’ leisure facility we instigated a traffic management system that was actively managed at all times.
- The design embraced the very latest sports technologies enabling multi-usage.
- We worked closely with an acoustic consultant to ensure that the main auditorium could be used for music and drama whilst noise transfer externally was kept to a minimum.