Design and construction of a 78 bed dementia care facility
- Design and construction of a 78-bed dementia care facility including assisted bathrooms, therapy rooms, integrated day centre, hairdressers & shop, central atrium for socialising.
- Also included was a commercial kitchen, laundry and restaurant.
- During the construction Shaw Healthcare secured additional funding and requested the inclusion of an 18-bed specialist care unit specifically for severely mentally and physically disabled persons.
- These alterations included redesign of the floor plan, anti-ligature ironmongery, fixed room furniture, infra-red taps and shower and staff proximity meters.
- We were able to incorporate the alterations through careful liaison with our design team and proactive management of the works on site by our contract and project managers.
- Grey water recycling utilised as part of environmental management system.
- This project was completed safely, within budget, on programme and to the highest quality standards.