Major refurbishment and modernisation of operating suites contained within a listed Victorian hospital building.
- Noise and dust generating works were undertaken strictly in accordance with the NHS timetable thus avoiding the busy periods and particular ‘quiet times’ (i.e. during clinic sessions and operations). This was co-ordinated by our site team and the hospital staff at regular production meetings.
- Through our involvement at the design stage, we were able to provide the client with a proposal for repositioning a new air handling plant. This redesign provided the client with a cost saving of £40,000, a saving that was reinvested into improving facilities within the new theatre.
- A phased completion programme was utilised, so the facilities could be occupied and then decanted
- The new incoming electrical supply necessitated out of hours working and constant communication with the client.
- High levels of ventilation were installed into the listed building required careful planning and coordination
- A fast-changing environment under the control of the surgical team was controlled by risk and opportunity management.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the very highest quality standards.