Construction of new brewery, bar and events spaces with extensive ground remediation and careful partnered handover to enable phased employer possession.
- Significant attendances and remedial works required below ground due to contamination of existing site with asbestos based materials. Works undertaken using our approved subcontract supply chain.
- Open book finalisation of volume of soil disposed from site for both financial agreement and for the Employer to review Land Remediation Relief benefits.
- A collaborative company approach was undertaken with Major Works undertaking the enabling works, complex piling and pile caps and steel frame works given their expertise in this area. General Works then undertook the cladding, drainage, insitu concrete slab casting and internal works together with final finishes and handover to Employer.
- Due to the challenging site access and space, we utilised specialist contractors from our approved supply chain, in particular for groundworks, piling and resin flooring. Regular meetings were held with all trades to minimise clashes between trades and ensure a free flowing and safe site.
- Close liaison with Employer to enable an informal phased handover to meet deadlines for possession of brewery area and then ground floor. This enabled the setting up of brewery plant ready for Christmas deadlines and commencement of the bar fitout directly by Employer.
- Design agreement to enable drainage and ducting works to be incorporated into the main build ready for the Employers fit out team, reducing the need for intrusive building works post-handover.