Construction of new primary school utilising BIM level 2
- Delivered under the Gloucestershire County Council Framework.
- The works brief required the design and construction of a new 1.5FE Primary School with a 2FE core, providing 1081m2 of usable teaching space.
- Construction utilises a mixed steel/timber frame structure, finished with a mixture of external masonry and cladding.
- Tier one supply chain partners were utilised to drive value
- Set on two levels, the building provides two reception, three key stage 1 and six key stage 2 classrooms, together with wide, multifunctional circulation routes for group learning practical/ICT activities consisting of three group rooms, food science room, ICT suite and library.
- Large communal areas which include a small hall and main hall, providing a central core, utilise the levels to create tiered seating for assemblies and productions.
- Access to the site was via a new residential estate, following consultation a detailed traffic management plan was instigated to protect local residents.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.