New build development of 28 supported homes and communal areas
- Constructed on the site of two demolished tower blocks and forming part of the £20M New Village Centre in Smiths Wood, Solihull the Stonham Assisted Living Scheme was designed to meet the needs of vulnerable people.
- The project team carried out an extensive value engineering exercise prescribing alternative materials and specifications which was required to bring the project within budgetary guidelines.
- The value engineering meeting was held at the offices of the Architect who is based in Glasgow.
- A truly collaborative scheme which really benefitted from a genuine team-based approach.
- Extensive consultation with adjacent contractors regarding materials and site movements on the very busy Smiths Wood Village regeneration project.
- We utilised our long-standing supply chain to counteract the very busy construction environment in Smiths Wood at the time of construction to deliver our scheme safely, to the highest quality, on programme and within budget.
- This scheme compliments the masterplan for Smith Wood Village whilst always remaining individual and unique.