The demolition of existing garage courts and the construction of 25 new homes to Passivhaus standards for rent.
- Careful and sensitive demolition of existing garage courts
- Very detailed audit check carried out on the proposed specification and drawings to ensure compliance with Passivhaus standards
- Detailed check carried out on buildability of structure and practicality of achieving the stringent air test results needed to satisfy the Passivhaus standard
- The wall construction consisted of:
- 190mm Tarmac Topblock with 15mm plaster finish
- 220mm Sto EPS Insulation 15G/m2 with a render finish
- We worked with a design and site team that were fully conversant with Passivhaus standards to minimise reworking and enable a “right first time” approach.
- One of our site team was designated as our “airtightness champion”. They became responsible for ensuring that all openings/junctions were fully sealed in order to comply with the exacting Passivhaus standards.
- The units were certified to Passivhaus standards