Construction of a new Design Technology Block and internal/external redevelopment of the existing school campus
- The project was carried out in three phases:
- Phase 1 - The refurbishment to a number teaching and communal areas within the existing school, some of which had to be completed during term time in a live school environment.
- Phase 2 - The construction of a two storey, steel framed new build DT block located in the centre of a large busy school campus. The site entrance was shared with the school, requiring a robust traffic/pedestrian management system together with pro-active communications with the school representative.
- Phase 3 - Complex refurbishment and enhancement to several other areas within the existing school during term time, including mechanical and electrical works and a new ICT hub.
- We were appointed to the project at stage A setting utilising a process of collaborative working from the onset. Through scheduled design team meetings with the architect, school and our supply chain partners, we developed designs that were successful in achieving planning and met the aspirations of the school within their budget.
- The project was carried out to meet the requirements of BREEAM 'Excellent'.
- This scheme was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.