A 48 Bed dementia care facility with 15 intermediate flats and office accommodation for Brunelcare
- The project brief was to part demolish an existing care home whilst maintaining the live part of the care home and constructing a three storey multi-use facility adjacent to it.
- The plant, laundry and kitchen facilities were constructed as part of the phase 1 works and were shared with the old and new facilities.
- The old plant, laundry and kitchen facilities were then demolished to form another wing of the new facility. No interruption to these vital services occurred when implementing the changeover.
- The building was constructed around five sensory courtyards where different features and themes support people with memory loss.
- Ground Floor – Dementia Care | First Floor – Flats | Second Floor – Offices.
- Detailed project management of the planning and procurement process to ensure scheme milestones are met to secure funding.
- Timber frame construction drives challenging programme commitments.
- Knockout panels in timber frame allowed for forklift access into enclosed courtyards.