The demolition of the former Queensfield Public House followed by construction of 10 No affordable homes and associated external works
- Demolition and strip out of existing Queensfield Public House
- Breaking out of existing basement walls and pumping and infilling basement with screened demolition arisings
- Substructure solution includes pad and beam sections through existing basement
- Timber frame utilised to drive programme compression and certainty of build
- High level steps and staggers in proprietary lightweight gauge material
- All existing retaining walls assessed by the Structural Engineer for integrity and longevity
The existing Queensfield Public House was situated in a mature residential area in Swindon so we carried out extensive local consultation with residents with regard to traffic management, dust and noise suppression and all aspects of the project that would directly affect the local community.
The works to the existing basement were designed so that the existing walls would not impact directly on our foundation solution which included pre-cast insitu columns spanned by a ground beam on the directly affected areas.
Timber frame construction was utilised to drive programme compression and certainty.
This project was completed safely, to the highest quality, on time and within budget and is another example of the successful collaborative working relationship with Sovereign Housing Association.