Refurbishment of two floors with over clad and replacement of windows and doors
- This project consists of the total refurbishment of two floors of the University with over cladding of the external façade and window and door replacement.
- The work was carried out in live site environment so communication and collaboration vitally important to maintain site progress and academic studies.
- An engineered and protected scaffold system enveloped the whole building to create a safe access platform and to shield and protect the works from all stakeholders.
- A shared access route necessitates the agreement of a detailed traffic management plan with all vehicle and plant movements controlled by banksmen.
- The controlled demolition of a large internal chimney / service riser was carried out extremely carefully and the debris was safely removed from site.
- Client budget requires ongoing value engineering exercises to assess and highlight best value operations.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.