Emergency repair and subsequent refurbishment of a fire damaged underground car park in central Bristol
- EG Carter & Co Ltd were initially appointed for a minor repair contract and carried out numerous reports and surveys to assess the overall damage to the building.
- After consideration of the various report it became obvious that the building had suffered from considerable smoke damage, virtually destroying all mechanical & electrical installations.
- Reinstatement works included the dismantling of the main extract towers located in close proximity to public areas of the live shopping arcade, off-site refurbishment and subsequent re-fixing.
- Tier one mechanical and electrical supply chain partners were utilised to provide a reinstatement service that worked in accordance with our demanding construction programme.
- Working in collaboration with the loss adjuster, the client, and specialist supply chain partners, reinstatement works were proactively implemented for turnaround and reopening of the car park in a short time frame.
- The project was located in a live shopping environment in the very heart of Bristol – minimum disruption was the key to the adjacent shops. bars and restaurants around Millennium Square remaining open for business.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and completed to the very highest quality standards.