Ten new build homes for residents with learning difficulties and ten shared ownership properties
- The construction of a specialised block for adults with learning difficulties for Advance with the integrated construction of 10 shared ownership units for Sovereign.
- The project viability rested on the receipt of a capital sum for the speculative development part of the site which was presented to Sovereign Housing by EG Carter & Co Ltd as a land and build turnkey project.
- Shared preliminary savings between the different tenures ensured cost viability for both schemes. It was essential to co-ordinate both design and construction programmes to ensure that the shared preliminary savings became a reality.
- Carefully considered design takes cues from residential and care parameters.
- Architecturally both schemes complement each other whilst remaining subtlety different.
- Local supply chains ensure project quality and deliverability.
- This scheme was completed safely, on time, to the highest quality and within budget.