Construction of a new three storey teaching and dining block
- The new teaching facility provides 12 classrooms, a flexible learning zone, a large group meeting room and a video conferencing room.
- Constructed using a steel frame structure finished externally with a mixture of masonry and cedar cladding.
- The site location was situated at the heart of a busy ‘live’ college campus this necessitated the need for a robust segregated logistics plan to be instigated and actively managed at all times.
- A detailed traffic management plan was produced in conjunction with the Academy to ensure safety is given the highest priority.
- Procured via competitive two stage tender.
- Comprehensive value engineering exercises were carried out in to bring the scheme within the specification and budgetary requirements of the client.
- The design of the building had to cater for varying educational needs including teaching space, circulation and breakout areas and adjacent to the college restaurant facilities.
- The construction process was used as an educational tool and an example for the students as part of their studies.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the very highest quality standards.