A site constructed on its own footprint adjacent to a main Bristol road providing 7 shared ownership properties
- This scheme was constructed adjacent to one of the main arterial roads in central Bristol.
- Structural demolition of part demolished building allows for substructure design to be completed.
- The building footprint occupies the complete site area so logistically it was a huge challenge to construct.
- The demolition sequence was critical because of the extent of structural propping, which was storing up the front façade, and the effect on the adjacent residential building.
- Due to the ground conditions the scheme was piled with ground beams and a pre-cast concrete ground floor slab.
- There was no area for site storage, so we utilised just in time deliveries from local suppliers and supply chain partners to ensure that materials were incorporated into the build without the need for storage.
- Constructed adjacent to existing residential building.
- Traditional masonry build programme due to proximity of existing buildings.