Fast-track repair of flood damage through the gym, boardrooms and reception area
- The Marriott hotel at Heathrow suffered a major flooding incident that affected the boardroom, gym and reception area.
- EG Carter & Co Ltd were on site within 24 hours to minimise business interruption and to begin master-planning the works so that the hotel could remain open for business whilst the works were being carried out.
- The works were programmed to minimise the disruption to the hotel which is extremely busy with passengers and aircrew on a 24-hour basis, so we phased our working environment to ensure the minimum amount of noise and nuisance.
- This project was carried out in a live 24-hour hotel environment with the works segregated from staff and the public at all times.
- Meetings were chaired in Washington DC and conducted via the internet with visits from the international owners facilitated for their convenience and diary commitments.
“I worked with E G Carter & Co Ltd from June to October during which their support service and professionalism was amazing I can only recommend their work - nothing was too much trouble.”
Paul Davies, General Manager - Heathrow Windsor Marriott Hotel