New build block of 28 homes and commercial units in Bristol
- Slowworm mitigation strategy carried out prior to site works commencing.
- Commercial area achieved a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating.
- Extensive consultation undertaken with local residents regarding impact of scheme.
- Liaison with Local Authority regarding improvement of public realm generally in the site environs.
- Detailed construction method statements and traffic management plans produced to direct contract programming in a safe and supportive manner.
- The flatted units were built in timber frame off an in-situ concrete transfer deck which enclosed the commercial area. The houses were constructed in timber frame which was carefully sequenced to allow a successful superstructure completion of the flatted units.
- The site was constructed in three distinct phases to comply with our Fire Safety Plan and Heat Load Assessment which determined safe segregation of the timber frame buildings.
- Gainsborough Square was a successful scheme constructed in the middle of a densely populated urban area with minimal disruption and nuisance to neighbours or the local community.