Refurbishment of an existing elderly persons home into semi-independent accommodation and specialist care facility for vulnerable young people in care.
- This was a project on behalf OCC for works to the Special School for an extensive flood over 2 floors. All works required to be segregated and managed to tight phased deadlines
- We carefully segregated all the works and used elevated walkways across the roof and window access and egress.
- This site was extremely tight logistically, so we utilised ‘Just in Time’ deliveries from local builders’ merchants due to the lack of on-site storage.
- We continually liaised with the joint heads to ensure that they were fully aware of all site operations and agreed out of hours phasing of the works
- All deliveries were scheduled out of key commuting times both in the morning and afternoon, to suit the special school requirements
- We utilised our long-standing and local supply chain to resource this site to ensure a high-quality finish.
- We instigated a detailed traffic / pedestrian segregation plan, which we shared with the special school to allay fears concerning irresponsible parking and safety of children on the access to the site.
- This site was completed safely, on programme, to the highest quality and within budget. With an extremely happy client