Demolition of existing house, derelict out buildings & waste ground.Construction of 19 no. dwellings for rent and shared ownership, mixture of 2&3 bed houses.
- Regeneration of land – the development was originally a long-standing empty property with abandoned outbuildings & unsightly, overgrown land to the rear surrounded by residential dwellings.
- Upgrade of drainage infrastructure – civils design of the project enabled control of the surface water controlled by hydrobrake manholes with storage crates throughout the development as overflow.
- Ecology – numerous additions made to the scheme to mitigate any impact of the development. Bat & Bird boxes fitted throughout with 2no bat roosts formed in the loft spaces of the dwellings.
- Social Housing Needs – mix of rental & shared ownership houses giving buyers the much-needed opportunity to get on the housing market in a growing area.
- Location – situated centrally in a location easily commutable to M5 corridor or across to Yeovil, Frome, Cheddar.
- Social Values – With the site surrounding a nearby car sales there was some necessary boundary works required prior to commencement of construction phase. Throughout this & the demolition process we undertook some much needed improvement works to their courtyard in removing some disused/unsafe garages & toilet block leaving behind a clear slab for some additional parking for the forecourt.