Refurbishment and alterations to a 32 room hotel and the conversion of a number of function rooms
- Nestled in the Oxfordshire countryside this Grade II listed Elizabethan style Hall was originally built between 1904 & 1908.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd were contracted to undertake a significant refurbishment of the main hall bedrooms, common areas and Brasserie all whilst the hotel remained open
- Upgrading and refurbishment of a grade 2 listed property.
- A very high-quality specification was promoted including copper baths, specifically designed carpets, majestic shower enclosures and solid marble tiles to all bedrooms
- The Brasserie benefited from an extensive refurbishment to the oak panelling, bookcase and flooring with tailored banquette seating and copper bars
- A number of rooms were structurally reconfigured to create larger and more appealing areas.
- A high degree of collaborative working was required with the clients appointed interior design team.
- Phased delivery of works to minimise disruption and to facilitate confirmed bookings.
- Emergency escape routes planned from the outset for the total safety of staff, guests and workforce.