The alteration and extension of the existing swimming pool working in a ‘live’ environment keeping the swimming pool operational whilst construction was carried out
- Due to the demand of the growing demand for fitness and leisure activities, Stroud District Council secured funding to upgrade the existing pool facility.
- The project required the alteration and extension to the existing swimming pool, creating a new fitness gym including a dance and spin studio together with associated additional toilets and changing facilities. Ancillary external works included demolition of existing toilet block.
- The centre attracts around 180,000 visitors each year to take part in its aquatics related facilities. It was imperative to ensure the swimming programme remained operational during the delivery of the works. Working with the client and the project team, we successfully identified a delivery programme to ensure all measures were taken to prevent interruption to the continuous use of the centre.
- A continuous dialogue of communication was maintained with the client and on-site facilities manager to ensure all works were co-ordinated with the operational teams and activities time table.
- The works commenced with the completion of an enabling package including the creation of a new access ramp, relocation of the management office facilities, forming secure segregation screening and producing a traffic management system guiding all site traffic movement around the site in a safe and controlled manner.