Construction of a new steel framed modern library in Dursley
- We were appointed very early in the design process allowing the incorporation of specialist supply chain partners to assist in the development of an innovative minimal tolerance steelwork design, reducing envelope thickness and maximise usable floor space.
- Design and construction of a new library facility in an urban location.
- Value engineering exercise carried out with stakeholders to reduce capital cost without compromising quality.
- External envelope consisting of curtain walling.
- Low emissivity glazing was used throughout the building to reduce heat gains through glazed elevations.
- A number of community use rooms were added into the scope of the works during the project. By careful review of the programme we were able to accommodate the additional works and still achieve the handover date.
- Project envelope occupied the footprint of the site requiring the need for just in time material and supply chain deliveries.
- Incorporation of high-tech projection screens for audio visual presentations.