The regeneration of a 1950’s housing estate to provide 109 No mixed tenancy homes in three phases together with extensive environmental improvements.
- The project is split into three distinct phases and involves the demolition of 65 units and the construction of 109 units of both timber frame and masonry construction.
- We have become fully engaged with the local community through pre-start open days, information evenings, sod cutting and handover events as well as continuous engagement via drop-in clinics and newsletters; all of which has contributed to an extremely positive relationship between the project team and local residents.
- We have maintained a site presence during the decant period between phases to assist tenants moving from their old properties into their new homes and have implemented a detailed traffic management plan that restricts deliveries in the busiest times.
- We have provided off-site improvements to local footpaths including new surfacing and lighting so that residents can benefit from better access to the wider community.
- We have utilised local supply chain partners to reduce our carbon footprint and provide an opportunity to employ, educate and train local workers.
- We have received excellent feedback for the quality and design of the new homes, together with praise for our management of the project from both new residents and the wider local community.