The works required the construction of a new primary school to provide 2400m2 of usable teaching floor area.
- The works required the construction of a new primary school to provide 2400m2 of usable teaching floor area.
- new classrooms providing teaching space for 420 pupils.
- The key objective of this project was to produce an educational facility that fully encompassed the needs of the local community.
- To maintain this objective, we chaired several local stakeholder meetings together with notices and letters.
- Located within the heart of the new housing developments in Coopers Edge, Gloucester, the school was designed to meet the needs and demands of modern learning environments.
- Constructed utilising a single storey steel frame structure, the building was finished with a mixture of external masonry and cladding.
- Key features include the installation of ground source heat pumps and a fully incorporated sprinkler system.
- The school is run by the Cooper's Edge Trust, consisting of a partnership between a parent community group and Robinswood Trust, the first of its type in the County.
- This project was completed safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards.