The project required the alteration to an existing hospital ward to create a new decontamination suite.
- Following successful completion of a similar facility at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, E G Carter & Co Ltd were approached to carry out works to provide a decontamination suite at Alexandra Hospital in Redditch.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd used their extensive knowledge of working in a live hospital environment to minimise impact to both staff and patients.
- Much of the work was completed out of normal hours to minimise disruption to a live working hospital.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd utilised the knowledge gained on the previous project to drive the project forward successfully.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd utilised its long-established supply chain to undertake key elements of the works but utilised our directly employed labour to ensure maximum flexibility of production.
- Substantial mechanical and electrical works were required to provide the necessary backup to the new decontamination washing and drying machines.
- Protective screens were erected to segregate site and public areas and transportation of materials was scheduled to coincide with the hospital's quiet times.