Demolition of existing sheltered housing scheme in town centre followed by the construction of 14 new build homes.
- Controlled demolition of an existing Elderly Persons scheme with a comprehensive asbestos strip undertaken in liaison with an Archaeologist and the neighbouring properties.
- Archaeological works reveal part of the site to be occupied by a Roman Villa, so foundations were designed to protect as much of the archaeological strata below as possible.
- In constructing the scheme, we had to work with the neighbouring domestic and business property owners to maintain access.
- Works fronting the Roman Road are built in natural Cotswold Stone with Welsh Slate roofs in keeping with the local design vernacular
The proximity to the existing buildings necessitated a traditional masonry build programme which was developed in conjunction with local suppliers to relieve the pressure on on-site storage facilities and to enable safe passage for neighbouring properties
- The presentation of a Civic Society Design Award was testament to the collaborative manner in which this scheme was developed and constructed.