Nineteen new flats for rent and shared ownership
- Enabling works included the demolition of an existing building adjacent to a building manufacturing microchips in a 24 hour production cycle, which were sensitive to vibration and dust.
- We set up monitoring equipment to ensure that no nuisance was caused in the construction of a basement utilising vibration free sheet piling system.
- Basement construction formed in reinforced concrete including Ruberoid tanking systems and permanent sheet pile formwork.
- A pre-cast concrete floor spanned the basement and provided the decking for the superstructure, which was constructed in timber frame for programme enhancement.
- Project constructed in very densely populated residential area of Swindon.
- ‘Just in Time’ deliveries utilised through local builders merchants due to lack of site storage and inaccessibility of site for articulated vehicles.
The project involved basement construction that was formed by a vibration-free sheet piling system to eliminate nuisance to the adjoining property.